Are you looking to make your waste management sustainable? There are lots of different ways to reduce waste and its environmental impact, but here are the top 7 ways that could help your business go green:
- The 3 Rs. Reduce, Reuse, Recycle: This simple three-step process is the cornerstone of any successful waste management sustainability strategy. By reducing your overall waste, reusing materials whenever possible and recycling what cannot be reused, you can make a real difference in the amount of trash that winds up in landfills. Fresh Start Waste can help make this easy for by providing with the zero to landfill solutions and real recycling at our materials recovery facility.
- Use Local: Shopping locally for waste management providers helps to reduce your carbon footprint, as your waste does not have to be transported far away. As a provider of only waste management solutions in the North West, it won’t be long till your waste is sustainably dealt with.
- Set specific and measurable environmental goals: Setting specific goals and tracking progress can help keep your business on target in terms of sustainability. Customers at Fresh Start have long been sent recycling reports which detail the amount of waste and recycling Fresh Start have collected, as well as the onward processing it has gone through with an overall level of recycling achieved.
- Review Your Suppliers: Take the time to review your suppliers’ sustainability policies and look for opportunities to work together on waste management. Fresh Start Waste can help reduce your carbon impact with sustainable projects such as Forest carbon and too good to go.
- Consider using renewable resources: As well as recycled or reusable materials when feasible. This will not only help you reach your sustainability goals, but also give you an edge with potential clients who are looking for green businesses.
- Invest in green technology: By investing in an energy-efficient fleet with Euro 6 engines, as well as technology to ensure route planning of collections are as efficient as possible. This includes split body vehicles which allow us to collect multiple waste streams in one journey; less fuel, less cost, less carbon.
- Educate and Inspire: Teaching people about the importance of sustainable waste management is one of the best ways to make a difference. Educate your employees about the importance of waste management sustainability and proper waste disposal habits can help shape attitudes towards better sustainability in the workplace.
Making your waste management sustainable is a great way to reduce the environmental impact of your activities. By following these top seven tips, you can start making a difference today! So why not give them a try? You’ll be glad that you did. Need help getting started? Contact us to learn more about our sustainable waste management solutions.