Fresh Start have expanded steadily over the last two years, adding Marketing staff, Contract Management Administrators, Sales Consultants and Drivers, meaning we are always on the lookout for new talent who can play their part in the continued growth of the business.
If you believe you have what it takes to work for a forward thinking business, then why not forward your CV for consideration.
Please email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
LGV DRIVER / OPERATIVE CLASS 2
Two Locations – swinton, manchester and preston
HGV Driver / Operative for specialist waste management business covering the North West
- To drive a full range of waste collection vehicles within town centres, city centres and rural locations.
- To carry out daily basic vehicle maintenance checks.
- To carry out the role of driver’s mate / 2ndman if and when requested.
- To complete any necessary paperwork including defect sheets.
Skills / Qualifications: –
- Applicants should be over 25 years of age and have a minimum of 2 years’ experience.
- You must hold a current Drivers CPC card and Digital Tachograph card.
- It is also a requirement that you are competent in using and have a full understanding of a Tachograph and the current Tachograph Regulations.
- You must be conversant with operating within the requirements of the current EU Drivers Hours regulations.
- You must be able to complete paperwork to a high standard.
- You must have the ability to follow instructions and have good interpersonal skills.
- Operation of the waste collection vehicles each day will require a high level of physical effort and the operator will be exposed to various weather conditions.
- Hours on average 48 hours per week.
- Overtime may be required at times.
- You must be available for evenings and weekends.
To arrange an interview please contact Paul Southwell by phone or email:
Tel: 07535 279364
RUNNER / DRIVERS MATE
Location – Preston
Joining our team as a runner/driver’s mate, you will assist drivers by undertaking the role of reversing assistant, to ensure vehicle manoeuvres are undertaken in a safe manner and with the safe loading and unloading of waste & recyclables.
- Assist in the daily duties of collecting waste from customers’ sites.
- Assist the LGV Driver acting as a banksman where any manoeuvring is undertaken.
- Assist the LGV Driver with daily checks.
- To learn the routes, you are assigned to.
- To assist the driver in keeping the vehicle clean and tidy up to Fresh Start Waste Services standards.
- Work in a safe manner at all times, reporting any incidents or near misses to the Transport office in a timely manner.
- Accurate completion of paperwork/input of PDA.
The ideal Runner/Drivers Mate will have:
- Previous experience in a similar role.
- A good level of fitness.
- Knowledge of current legislation of LGV vehicles.
- Full driving licence.
- Customer service experience.
- Reliable and punctual.
- Good organisational skills.
- Experience of health and safety.
- Work well as part of a team.
- Basic numeracy and literacy skills for the completion of paperwork/input of PDA’s.
For an application form or any further details please contact Paul Southwell on 07535 279364 or email email@example.com